What Malibu, California is Like
Malibu is situated in Southern California, near the Santa Monica Bay’s northern side. Malibu is a unique and much sought after combination of central mountain ranges and semitropical seaside. Anyone that lives here will tell you that this is the place that celebrities, surfing enthusiasts, and well-off families live in stunning houses, eat at upscale restaurants and go shopping at high-class stores. For these reasons, this relaxed and quiet yet beautiful segment of California is a great place to heal yourself gradually.
What can you do in Malibu, California?
When you are staying in Malibu, California, you can visit these stunning places:
- Malibu Pier – This historically significant pier is part of the California State Park, which is a place where you can take a look at dolphins and surfers—and the occasional celebrity!
- Malibu Farms – When you visit the Malibu Pier, you need to take a few minutes to get yourself a delicious organic meal at this high-class cafe.
- Point Dume – This big nature preserve stretches across massive sand dunes and even has a boardwalk that can take you up to a breathtaking viewing platform if you would like.
- Getty Villa –It is here that you can observe 7,000 years worth of art from the Roman Empire, as well as from time periods from before that.
- Surf Museum –Anyone interested in surfing needs to have a look at the surfing exhibits at Pepperdine University. Here, you will come across antique surfboards all the way from 1910 till the 1980s.
- Malibu Country Mart – Situated in the Malibu Civic Center, this is one of the top places to go if you have a taste for unique shops and delicious food. Sculptures, beautiful gardens, and a mountainside as the background scenery embellish this outstanding cultural hub.
- Malibu Lumber Yard –You will find this astonishing array of shopping locales next to the Country Mart, with upscale designer stores likeBurgerfi, James Perse, Maxfield and more.
- Malibu Seafood –This unique little eatery is across from Dan Blocker Beach, and is well known for its delicious ahi burger.
Of course, you can’t miss out on the beaches:
- Amarillo Beach – Here, there are stunning views that can only be seen during the low tide.
- Zuma Beach –You’ll need to keep your eyes open for spotting the dolphins during the high tide.
- Leo Carillo Beach – This particular beach preserve stretches over 1.5 miles across the bottom of the Santa Monica Mountains.
Are you Prepared to Start Your Recovery in Malibu, California?
With so many stores, eateries, beaches and more, paired with a small and not too overwhelming number of welcoming locals and tourists who love socializing, Malibu, California is the place to be. Consider how amazing it would be to kick-start your sobriety in one of the most breathtaking locations on the West Coast, and contact us right now if you are ready.